R.E.D. (Residency Eina Danz) is an international, national and regional arena for arts and culture established in 2013 on a farm overlooking the Eina lake outside of Oslo. Located in the middle of the breathtaking Norwegian countryside, R.E.D. is surrounded by locally run farms and large natural spaces for leisure.
- To provide an artists residency, that include housing and creative work space for local and international artists, to create work of high international level.
- To serve as a concentrated centre for artistic development outside the urban landscape for interdisciplinary artists and groups.
- To be a programming stage and host for an annual film festival, performances, concerts, workshops, and exhibitions throughout the year
- To be an open arena for local artist and arrange projects specifically aimed at children and youth
- To bring projects to Norway that would otherwise not take place, and communicate this to as many people as possible.
- To inspire the local community with international influences, as well as being a portal for the exchange.
- To be a leading production house and centre for dance in Norway
- Home of R.E.D. Residency Company, Toten Tornado Kids, Ella Fiskum Danz and Xproarts company, which will give regular performances and arrange open forums.
- Home of RIFF – R.E.D. International Film Festival.
The workspace consists of:
- A barn with two floors, each with a dimension of 265 square meters. An all year heated dance studio/production room measuring 12meter x 19 meter installed on the top floor. The studio has a height of 8,55 meters, with rigging capabilities (up to 1.ton on each of 5 existing hooks). Internet access in the residency house. Simple sound and light system. 24 channels dimmer.
- Two houses. The residency house with four bedrooms which can accommodate up to 12 persons.
- One workshop/garage. The workshop has space for building set design.
- R.E.D. Bar and R.E.D. Gallery
- External devices (on request if available): Dance Marley Floor (beige, gold and black), Tissue (3 available), Pole (3 meter).
- Local firms can provide wood and metal work for scenography.
R.E.D. is supported by Oppland Fylkeskommune, Arts Council Norway, Bergesenstiftelsen, Innovasjon Norge, Eina Almenning, Omstillingsprogrammet Vestre Toten Kommune, Statens Kunstnerstipend.